[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ecf-dev] git mv, duplicated projects and graduating projects out of incubation/ (was Re: build of deleted files/classes)
- From: Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:00:08 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101208 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.7
On 01/28/2011 06:35 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
> Truly...this can't be done? Isn't there a way in Buckminster+git to
> materialize only from some modules/parts of a git repository? This
> seems strange to me that such restrictions can't be done.
There is no such restriction in Buckminster. It's rather the way the
ECF's SCM <> Buckminster integration has been set up. The intention is,
that the SCM structure is hidden from Buckminster. This means that the
Buckminster metadata does not have to change whenever something is
moved/deleted/added in the SCM.
> Ok that's fine. For historical/whatever reasons that wasn't what was
> done (i.e. we have an incubation area and it was used for the RSA impl).
> What would you suggest be done now?...I mean other than developing RSA
> twice so that our version control system and build can be happy :).
What I would suggest is to:
1) diff osgi/bundles/
2) remove osgi/bundles/
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin (git rm)
osgi/bundles/ (git mv)
4) Apply patch created in step 1