Re: [ecf-dev] git mv, duplicated projects and graduating projects out of incubation/ (was Re: build of deleted files/classes)

On 1/28/2011 9:13 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
<stuff deleted>
I have no idea how a fix could look like. Right now it simply
copies/flattens the git repo into the project/ folder via a copy
command. You would have to add some code that e.g. detects the duplicate
and renames one of the projects (which one?)...

Truly...this can't be done? Isn't there a way in Buckminster+git to materialize only from some modules/parts of a git repository? This seems strange to me that such restrictions can't be done.

Generally incubation/ makes a lot less sense with git. The work flow
most projects follow is, that a new feature (project) gets developed in
a dedicated feature branch that eventually is merged into master (or
integration) once finished.

Ok that's fine. For historical/whatever reasons that wasn't what was done (i.e. we have an incubation area and it was used for the RSA impl).

What would you suggest be done now?...I mean other than developing RSA twice so that our version control system and build can be happy :).

Scott

Back to the top