Re: [ecf-dev] The Chats View

Hi Wim,

Sorry for the delay.

On 23 December 2010 17:16, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Harshana,

Ah, thanks. If I open the chats view from the show view menu, it never
gets populated. However, if I open the IRC then another instance of
that view is opened and displayed. The one that I opened myself never
gets populated.

No. If you try to open a the Chats view from show view menu, it gets populated. But the populated view is disabled since there are no active IM sessions available. While keeping the view you just opened and if you connect to a IM or IRC session, it opens up another Chats view. As you have mentioned, the one you have opened never gets populated.

Is this correct?

If you are asking whether this behavior is correct, IMO, this is incorrect. If there is already opened Chats view, the new IM or IRC connection should be populated on that. Therefore I think we should correct that.

It is an instance of ChatRoomManagerView.

Yes. It is.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana

Best regards,

Wim

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Harshana Eranga Martin
<harshana05@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> On 23 December 2010 15:57, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When is the Chats view populated? Is it when we connect to Eclipse IM?
>
> Yes. When you have connected to any of the IM services, it gets populated.
> Thanks and Regards,
> Harshana
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Wim