Re: [ecf-dev] ECF core dependency on equinox-common

On 12/23/2010 12:47 PM, Peter Lauri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When we have been trying to deploy ECF on Virgo we get stuck when deploying the equinox-common dependency, it will not deploy probably because of that Virgo is built on top of Equinox.

Problem will be transitive dependencies towards equinox.common. No
matter what we change in ECF. E.g. the jobs API (another ECF dependency)
directly requires equinox.common). But what's the problem with
equinox.common on Virgo anyway? Do you have a bug why it fails to resolve?

> So, is there any plan to remove the direct dependency on equinox-common and replace it with some more general approach (package imports for example)?

No plan yet, but we are certainly interested in making ECF more
generally usable.

Markus

Back to the top