Re: [ecf-dev] ECF Release Train Participation

Hi Wim,

On 12/15/2010 1:53 PM, Wim Jongman wrote:
Does this mean that ECF will be removed from the main download repository?

I guess it depends upon what you mean by 'main download repository'. Here's what we and all projects did for Helios (and is what I expect to happen similarly for Indigo):

1) Build/create a p2 repository...and put it on download.eclipse.org. This is what people access if they use the link on ECF's download page...i.e. http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/3.4/site.p2. We created/built this repository via our builder, sign it, and then upload it to download.eclipse.org.

2) Change some project-specific meta-data used by the Helios Builder to point to the repo created in 1 (i.e. http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/3.4/site.p2). The Helios Builder then takes the meta-data from all the participating projects, and creates an uber-repository...which is then considered the simultaneous release.

So...*our* main download repository is http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/3.4/site.p2 ... and that will remain the much the same (with 3.5, 3.6 or whatever the ECF release number is).

If we are not part of Indigo, the Helios/Indigo repo (the output from the Helios Builder...i.e. from step 2) would *not* include ECF.

Scott

Back to the top