Re: [ecf-dev] Sharing events peer-to-peer

Hi Martin,

On 12/6/2010 1:40 PM, Martin Petzold wrote:
Hi Scott,

let's say I have x nodes and would like to have them sharing their events (handling and posting). For best performance this should work in some kind of peer-to-peer mode. Is this somehow possible?

Yes, it is.

I'm not that sure what shared objects really do...

The short story: shared objects are arbitrary objects that are replicated into a pub/sub 'group' (i.e. a set of connected containers...i.e. peers). A given shared object instance has a 'copy' or 'replica' of arbitrary code and state...typically replicated to all containers connected in a group. The replicas can then use messaging primitives (provided by the container they are in) to communicate...and synchronize any replicated state changes.

At the moment I don't know where to register the "ecf.jms.activemq.tcp.manager" and where the "ecf.jms.activemq.tcp.client" container.

Note the distributed event admin work is not directly related to ECF remote services. That is, the distributed eventadmin example implementation registers an EventAdmin service...but this is an implementation of the OSGi EventAdmin spec...it's not directly related to the OSGi remote services at all.

Don't know if you've seen it, but there's an architecture diagram of the distributed event admin (showing the replicated/shared object usage) here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Distributed_EventAdmin_Service

Scott

Back to the top