Re: [ecf-dev] Future of wave

Hi Scott,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1) Perhaps we/ECF should have a committer (or several) on the Apache Wave
> project?  e.g. Sebastian, Mustafa, others.
Interesting thought. I should become an Eclipse ECF committer first though :-)

> 2) It seems likely to me that the Apache Wave project will heavily use the
> wave protocol implementation from waveprotocol.org...that Sebastian used for
> his soc project and the ECF Wave provider work.  Sebastian does that seem
> accurate/right to you?
I don't know about any plans to change the wave protocol
implementation. The Apache project proposal rather refers to the Wave
Federation protocol explicitly. Thus I believe that they'll further
support and improve the protocol.

I had a long discussion with Mustafa today and we'll propose some
ideas to promote and advance the wave related work. Both of us will
invest additional time to get everything running for ECF 3.5. After
sorting out additional details we'll discuss the ideas with the list
over the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Back to the top