Re: [ecf-dev] EclispeCon 2011 (was Re: How about this)

Hi Wim,

I'm in a boat similar to Markus...no real time to prepare for something like this in the short term.

Also...I agree with Markus...if there is some community (other ECF committers, contributors, or users) willingness to go through this audition process I think some ECF or related talks would be terrific...as ECF as a project is now getting greater adoption/usage momentum...and I think it would be great to have more talks about usage/use cases, experiences, etc...i.e. not just presentations from the core committers.

I have to also admit that I'm not personally fully convinced about the validity of this new EF/EclipseCon audition process...I've been on the EclipseCon selection committees previously myself, and unfortunately I don't currently have a very favorable view of the EclipseCon selection process (I happen to believe it's heavily biased toward corporate member stuff rather than community-driven stuff...as is the whole conference in recent years IMHO). Perhaps this audition process is an attempt to get away from that...I do hope it is.

Scott