Re: [ecf-dev] RemoteService + Context

Hi Scott,

On 29.10.2010 г. 19:48, Scott Lewis wrote:
Hi Radostin and Franky,

On 10/29/2010 8:08 AM, Radostin Surilov wrote:
Hi Franky,

Consider the following scenario:
A web application separated into two OSGI platforms - gui and business. The business platform provides (remote) services that the gui platform uses. Requests to (remote) business services can be
initiated from the gui platform by different users. So each request should be associated with some security context.

As I understand, once a remote service (proxy) is registered in the client platform and a communication container is created, all subsequent request are executed using the same container. Is this correct?

Hope no one minds my jumping in here...but the answer to this question is yes...that's correct...at least for the ECF containers.
Thank you for your answer.

A question that comes up for me then is this:  I suppose an alternative to what you are doing (using a threadlocal variable to distinguish every call on the proxy...right?)...would be to design your remote service expose some method parameter..i.e.

public void foo(Integer token);

that the client would be expected to pass in.  Is this right?
Yes, this is exactly our problem. We are trying to avoid adding this additional parameter to each service method.

Regards,
Radostin

I'm not saying one is better than the other (it depends upon the use case, I guess), I'm just trying to understand what you are doing and how ECF/remote services might better support it.

Scott