Re: [ecf-dev] ECF 3.4 Release...we're a go for Oct 29, 2010

On 10/29/2010 02:01 PM, Pavel Samolisov wrote:
> Hello folks,

Hi,

> 1. Details...
> This feature provides a patch of Eclipse 3.5-3.6 ECF Core Bundles. This
> allows the ECF 3.3 Target Components to function properly.
>
> May be this should be:
> This feature provides a patch of Eclipse 3.5-3.6 ECF Core Bundles. This
> allows the ECF 3.4 Target Components to function properly.
> ? Could somebody fix this?

Do you think this qualifies for a rebuild? But please file a ticket for
it and set the target to 3.4.1 anyway. If we find something else that
requires a rebuild, we will fix this one too.

> 2. In my Eclipse for RCP ECF daily builds were installed and I can't
> update to the currently build from [1]
>
> I removed the installed ECF and ECF 3.4 patch and try to install the
> currently build. If I checked all features, I get this message:
>>> "ECF 3.4 Patch for Eclipse 3.5-3.6" is not applicable to the current
> configuration and will not be installed.
>
> If I don't check the ECF 3.4 Patch, other components are installing fine.

Do you get more information in the error log or .log file?

> 3. I have tested the Communications perspective
> a) Jabber provider forks fine. This is very cool feature for me.
> b) IRC provider forks fine.
> b) Could not connect to the ecftcp://ecf.eclipse.org:3282/server server.

AFAIK the server isn't running on ecf.eclipse.org anymore.

> c) Could not connect to the xmpp.eclipse.org server

Same here I guess.

Thanks for doing this
Markus

Back to the top