[ecf-dev] JmDNS supports multi homed devices (was: Re: [Discovery] Double Network Address and Remote Services)

On 09/27/2010 12:33 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this "broker machine" that sits between two networks and thus has
> network addresses of both. Say 192.* and 18.* If a service is published
> in the 192.* network then that network advertises this in the discovery.
> The broker sees a remote services and initiates a r_osgi communication
> with that client.
>
> However, when the broker supplies its own address it needs to be smart
> about the network of the client that it receives the connect from, or
> advertise both addresses.
>
> Currently, in the zookeeper/r_osgi impl, this does not handle correctly.
> I wonder how this works for other discovery/distribution providers.

Hi Wim,

JmDNS has recently started to support multi homed devices [0]. If this
is of interest to you or others (JmDNS is limited to the local subnet
due to the use of multicast), I could use some help integrating JmDNS
latest into ECF [1].

Markus

[0]
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1936453&group_id=93852&atid=605794