Re: [ecf-dev] NoClassDefFoundError when using Remote Services

Hi Peter,

Sorry about the slow response.

I'm sad to say I don't have any immediate insight about the cause of this...although it sounds likely to me that it's some missing dependency (i.e. some bundle with a required class...e.g. a super class...can't be found/loaded/resolved) within the runtime you are running in.

To me, this highlights something, and that's that it would be nice if ECF could produce distros for multiple environments...e.g. server-side Equinox/EclipseRT, Felix, Virgo, etc (especially since we now run on multiple OSGi frameworks...see [1]). I would be happy to do this feature and/or distro creation, but we currently just don't have the releng or project resources to do so.

But the good news is this: ECF remote services is now able to run on multiple OSGi frameworks, and so in multiple application contexts above those frameworks (e.g. Eclipse, EclipseRT, Felix, Virgo, perhaps others). We recognize that we need to make it simpler to do so, and we will work toward that goal.

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ecf-dev/msg04212.html