[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] plan for ECF 3.4 final days
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:07:05 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100915 Thunderbird/3.1.4
We're coming up on ECF 3.4 release, and I wanted to send a quick note to
describe what's going to happen over the next week (and when).
1) The ECF 3.4 review is scheduled for Oct 20 (tomorrow). See  for
the slideware, ip log, and review time.
2) As per the discussion on this week's conference call , we are
going to have our actual release **next Friday, Oct 29, 2010**. This is
in time for ESE (see Wim and Markus' talk!! ), but also giving us
this week to complete the releng and final bug fixes (which several of
us are working on this week).
3) This coming Sat/Sun (10/23-10/24) we will be creating a new git
branch (Release_3_4) and create a Hudson release build to create a
release build off of that branch (for the sdk project).
4) If you are a committer, a couple of requests:
a) *Between now and Sunday* please do *not* push any commits to the
master branch at git.eclipse.org that are not bug fixes. Each push
should have a bug # associated with the commit message also. Note that
since we are now on git, it is exceedlngly easy to create a local branch
and then merge it in later/after we get the Release_3_4 branch in place
and are building off of it...so this shouldn't be a hardship for
anyone. If it is for some reason, just let me know and we can discuss.
b) Please help with the remaining issues to address for 3.4 if you
can. You can find the list here . Particularly see the Twitter test
code issue ...it's going wrong for what looks (to me) like some
changes in the twitter service, or the account access or something
else. In any event, please assign the bug to yourself if you
Ok...if you have any questions and/or comments please just bring them up.
This is going to be a great release...ECF is coming along very
nicely...thanks to everyone in the community.