Re: [ecf-dev] problems with XMPPContainer and IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter

On 10/14/2010 08:00 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
>  Hi Eugen,
>
> This exception is caused by the combination of a) the xmpp provider's
> limitation of not being able to handle sending a message to 'null'; b)
> the use of null in XMPP Registry (RegistrySharedObject)...i.e. this line
> in the stack below
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.remoteservice.generic.RegistrySharedObject.sendRegistryUpdateRequest(RegistrySharedObject.java:819)
>
> This is probably caused by the ordering in your code WRT
> initialization/connecting of the XMPP client...my guess is that your
> ordering is:
>
> 1) Create client container
> 2) connect the client container
> 3) call container.getAdapter(IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter.class);
> (and this triggers the exception...would be my guess)
> 4) use the IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter somehow (register or get)
>
> To avoid this exception for the XMPP container the order should be:
>
> 1) Create client container
> 2) call container.getAdapter(IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter.class)
> 3) connect the container
> 4) use the adapter

FWIW: The XMPP unit tests are affected by the same bug. The exception
occurs in
org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.xmpp.remoteservice.RemoteServiceTest.setUp()
line 87. Changing the initialization order does not help here though.

Unfortunately this does not get detected by the unit tests.

Markus

Back to the top