[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] struggles with egit/git
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 11:18:16 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100915 Thunderbird/3.1.4
I've been using the eGit client (0.10.0) over the last couple of days
with the new ECF git repo, and have some questions (for Markus and/or
others). I've been having the difficulties as described below, and I
wanted to check with others to see if perhaps I'm doing something in the
expected workflow incorrectly.
Here's what I've been doing
1) Clone git repo at git.eclipse.org (master branch)
2) Making change locally
3) commit those changes to my local repo (master branch)
4) pushing the changes to git.eclipse.org ECF repo (master to master)
When I do the above with a freshly cloned repo...everything works fine.
But if another committer (e.g. Markus) makes changes locally and then
pushes his changes to git.eclipse.org, I get a rejection message when I
go to push (4). Now if I insert a Fetch... in between either 1 and 2 or
2 and 3 I would expect 4 to then work, but it doesn't...I just get a
rejection message on the push and no details of what is causing the
rejection (it's not authentication or anything like that...the message
just says 'rejected' with a red X, with no further details at all.
When this happened to me yesterday I thought it might have been that I
was on a VPN (as well as my normal network)...when I did the Fetch...but
that turns out not to be it...because it happened again this morning
(not on a VPN)...i.e. after Markus had committed and pushed some more
Anyone have an idea of what might be going on here? Should I be doing
something else/some other sequence to get others' updates and be able to
push my own updates?