Re: [ecf-dev] remote service call authorization implemenation

Hi Scott,

I was wondering if I really needed the spring security clean up afther the remote call, hence the question:  What happens with the thread in which the remote call is done (in RegistrySharedObject.executeRequest method)? If this thread is destroyed I could live with the fact that the spring security clean up is not performed (spring security specific information would be longer on the thread than needed but I don't think this would be an issue).
So if this is the case I think having only the checkRemoteCall method in IRemoteServiceCallPolicy would be ok.

On the other hand, it could be useful to check if the return value of a remote call is authorized or if the returned value needs to be transformed based on the granted authorities of the caller. For this kind of use cases, we could add following method on the IRemoteServiceCallPolicy interface:

Object checkRemoteCallResult(IRemoteServiceRegistration registration, IRemoteCall remoteCall, ID fromID, Object result) throws SecurityException;

What do you think?

Franky