Re: [ecf-dev] Git Repo status

On 10/14/2010 05:23 PM, Pavel Samolisov wrote:
>  Hello folks,
>
> I cloned our oficial repo and I'm doing `git status`:
>
> # On branch master
> # Changed but not updated:
> #   (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> #   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
> directory)
> #
> #   deleted:
> tests/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.osgi.services.distribution.localdiscovery/src/org/eclipse/ecf/tests/osgi/services/distribution/localdiscovery/DiscoveryCommandProviderServiceTracker.java
> #   deleted:
> tests/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.osgi.services.distribution.localdiscovery/src/org/eclipse/ecf/tests/osgi/services/distribution/localdiscovery/generic/GenericMultiServiceHostApplication.java
> #
> # Untracked files:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
> #
> #   1
> no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
>

> I think someone removed this two files and did not commited its. Two
> questions:
> - How can I see who did it?

Those two files have been deleted in your local working copy, not in the
remote repo. If you check the webfrontend on git.eclipse.org, you will
find that both files still exist in the official repo [0].

> - Can I or another committer committed changes? I think a repo in a not
> stable stage is a not goot thing.

Markus

[0]
http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/tree/tests/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.osgi.services.distribution.localdiscovery/src/org/eclipse/ecf/tests/osgi/services/distribution/localdiscovery