Re: [ecf-dev] workflow for adding a new project to an existing git repo

On 10/14/2010 06:07 AM, Scott Lewis wrote:
>  Hi Folks,
>
> I'm using the ECF git repo (with committer ssh access), and the eGit
> client and * want to add a new project/directory to our existing ECF git
> repo (master branch).  How is this done with eGit?
>
> The CVS way as to select the project, bring up context menu and then
> Team-Share Project....  If I do this and choose the git repository type
> it seems to want to create a new repository for this new project...which
> is not what I want to do (rather I want to add something to the master
> branch of the existing git repository).

In the "New Plug-in Project" wizard choose the folder destination inside
the git working tree and the "Location". Once the project has been
created Team > Share Project... > Git lets you select the existing git
repository.

Markus

Back to the top