Re: [ecf-dev] Some small ECF examples

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Jeff McAffer <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We were actually going just for EDL with Toast but for legal reasons I cannot recall right now we ended up going dual. It may have related to some bits of other eclipse projects that we had copied or something.

I think the advantage of having _dual_ EDL/EPL is a) with EDL you don't get the hard copyleft problem Jeff mentioned in his earlier email that annoys companies and b) that people writing stuff under the EPL can happily just copy/paste code from the examples and integrate it into their own code without any fear since the example itself is under the EPL (I realize EDL is much more lax than the EPL...but you will of course always feel safer if you license your code under the same code that you are copy/pasting from).

Regards,
Remy

Remy Suen
Eclipse Platform/UI Committer