Re: [ecf-dev] ECF 3.4 - PLEASE READ

On 10/10/2010 01:55 AM, Scott Lewis wrote:

> A couple of other things I wanted to ask about dnssd...is there a dnssd
> feature?  If so, is the dnssd feature included in the
> o.e.e.remoteservice.sdk.feature (i.e. ECF Remote Services Target
> Components)...which is also included in the ECF sdk feature?  Is it your
> intention to include it in the remoteservice.sdk.feature?  Seems to me
> it would make sense  (in the remoteservice.sdk.feature)...as the other
> discovery providers are there for both the remoteservices sdk and the
> ECF sdk (which includes the remoteservices sdk).

DNS-SD comes with a feature [0]. However the problem is, that the code
is still on git. Initially we planed to do the 3.4 release from git, so
I never cared to check the code into CVS (didn't want to loose history
either).
Now that we've postponed the move to git (again), I'm not sure I have
the resources to move the code to CVS. Especially in front of the fact
that we will move the code back to git afterwards.

> Also, would it make sense to add a new set of product configurations to
> the hello examples to use dnssd rather than jmdns or zookeeper?  It
> might make use/adoption of dnssd a little easier.

DNS-SD requires an authoritive DNS server setup, which makes a setup
slightly more complicated than just including a new launch config.

Markus

[0] http://github.com/lemmy/org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.dnssd.feature

Back to the top