Re: [ecf-dev] [support.osuosl.org #16442] ECF Machine

Hi Lance,

We would like you to maintain the machine if at all possible and if we have the choice then Ubuntu is the preferred OS.

On the VM part: I am not sure that we discussed the multi-VM solution given its hardware. Do you think it can host multiple machines easily?

Regards,

Wim

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Lance Albertson via RT <support@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue Oct 05 15:45:44 2010, wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Ah, is this going to be a host for multiple VM's? I thought it would be
> single host. What choices in OS do we have?

Last I knew we were moving forward with deploying VMs on this machine
unless I completely misunderstood our prior communication. Are you going
to be maintaining the VMs or are we? We currently can deploy Debian,
Ubuntu, Centos, and Gentoo.

--
Lance Albertson
Systems Administrator / Architect