Re: [ecf-dev] JmDNS ExecutionEnvironment bump to Java 5

On 09/29/2010 06:13 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
> On 09/29/2010 06:06 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
>>  Hi Markus,
>>
>> Are we compiling the JmDNS from source?  If so, we could set the source
>> level to 1.5, but have the compile output (javacTarget) be to 1.4 (as we
>> are doing with a couple of other bundles...e.g.
>> org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice).  Then we could keep the bree at 1.4.
>> This will work for generics...but we do need to be careful that no
>> 1.5-specific jre API calls are made in the jmdns code.
>
> And that is exactly the case. JmDNS 3.2 uses the new concurrent API
> present in Java5.

I've backported JmDNS to Java 1.4. That made an new dependency towards
the concurrency backport bundle from Oribit (edu.emory.mathcs.backport)
necessary and a couple of code changes (edu.emory.mathcs.backport does
not support generics).

Markus

Back to the top