Re: [ecf-dev] Problem regarding hello.ds examples.

 Hi Jeff,

On 9/16/2010 3:00 PM, Jeff Hamm wrote:
Hi Scott --

I finally got the client side to work thanks to your HelloMessage addition. I saw that you had placed the HelloMessage.java class in the ...hello package, not the hello.impl package.

It doesn't/shouldn't matter which package it's in...with the very important proviso that whatever package it's in *has to be exported*. The reason for this is that the HelloMessage class has to be deserialized, and the deserialization code has to find the HelloMessage class...and it won't/can't find it unless it's exported.

Scott

Back to the top