Re: [ecf-dev] New ECF system

Hi,

149gb hard disk space is short, yes.
In the doc I see 'additional processor included in price' .
Does it mean 'it cant be excluded' ?

Pierre-Henry Perret

2010/8/30 Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi guys,

16gigs memory and two processors. Low on the disk space...

We could get rid of a processor in favor of more disk?

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,

Wim

PS
almost 20% of the cost is made out of rack rails. (I envision that the system is inserted into the rack once and then removed once too, 5 years later. If you consider a startup I suggest the rackrailsing business)

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@lemmster.de> wrote:
On 08/14/2010 11:23 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> 32 gig will increase the price with $2500. Also the memory is split
> between the two processors. The total amount of memory this machine can
> hold is 64gb. We might want to stick to this option and add more memory
> when prices go down.

Agreed, that's way too expensive.

> This brings up another question. Do we want two processors (8 cores in
> total) with 8gig per processor or do we want one processor with 16 gb.

My gut tells me two processors (8gig each) will serve us better.

Markus