Re: [ecf-dev] OSGi Container bundles for Eclipse Remote Service tutorial

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the reply. The OSGI DS bundle therefore must be included in the bundles that must be started before the service. What should be the priority for this bundle?

Also note that In order to start my service, I do it manually in the osgi console after i execute the product as an Eclipse application.

Thanks.

Quoting Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Nicollas,

The service relies on OSGi DS. This means that by just activating the
bundle, the service registry is done automatically instead of manually. For
that the contents in the file in the OSGI-INF directory must be correct, and
the manifest must point to this file. Also the osgi DS bundle must be added
to the family and be started before your service bundle is activated.

Alternatively, you can register your service manually as explained
here [1]<http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_Started_with_ECF's_OSGi_Remote_Services_Implementation#Service_Host:_Registering_the_Remote_Service>

Regards,

Wim

[1]
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_Started_with_ECF's_OSGi_Remote_Services_Implementation#Service_Host:_Registering_the_Remote_Service

<http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_Started_with_ECF's_OSGi_Remote_Services_Implementation#Service_Host:_Registering_the_Remote_Service>
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Nicholas Loulloudes <