[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] Re: [support.osuosl.org #14948] Eclipse ECF machine
- From: Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:41:36 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=WToE5ltyZA4JimBW0zWVWqtyO4enH2BAd5LC+uPZKOMKpVFgc7hlqtc6r9RTgrkXGy eJjyNDMZYkBKn8b7hKiVOuVvIXkNcO/j51LNYbZOFVqDyu217blW60exIhKXCr/YvbGh uRWThsw4GZfz5Wt8030o6mp+cyl2gn2p3IdzE=
Excellent. We have about implemented all your suggestions. I just send out a link to the bare machine for dimensions.
Can I ship this machine directly to you? If so, please send me your address details on a private e-mail.
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Lance Albertson via RT <support@xxxxxxxxxx>
It should work however there are several things you should change on the
On Sat Aug 14 08:23:38 2010, wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx
> Hi Lance/Support,
> Does this machine  fit in your server racks?
* Bump the RAM to something like 8-16G, 2G is way too low, especially if
you want to deploy some virtual machines.
* ALWAYS include rails (quick release sliding rails are preferred)
* I'd recommend you get at least two disks so you have RAID1 and
redundancy. If you're only needing that much disk space, I'd recommend
you get a 1U server instead of wasting space/power on a 2U server. I'd
also recommend you get the most amount of disk space you can afford
because its generally cheap.
* I'd recommend you get a Dual-PSU (power supply) for redundancy but its
not a requirement.
* If you can afford getting the basic iDRAC OOB card, I would recommend
that but its not required.
* Since you're planning on doing builds, you might consider getting a
second proc if you can afford it.
Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Systems Administrator / Architect
Open Source Lab