[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ecf-dev] Re: New ECF system
- From: Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 11:23:13 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=U9kE8cmpX1Sg+FcEklYD9MSlcvlZ8f8RnZ9V8eORyguiVN+a1gF6QtqZPeHEHklFrf TFAbATgmDAIl7v2yd+XQGgVTUZ7EBtQtZj+J1Y+YpJnH/7Eyn6jUYbhRVrk/83i5WdEH OoptgxbHkcv9VEcGXGxHX2pCRuNSYwjedNTJE=
32 gig will increase the price with $2500. Also the memory is split between the two processors. The total amount of memory this machine can hold is 64gb. We might want to stick to this option and add more memory when prices go down.
This brings up another question. Do we want two processors (8 cores in total) with 8gig per processor or do we want one processor with 16 gb.
On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <email@example.com>
just a few more ideas/questions:
- Do we need to order rack rails? It might be required to mount the
machine at OSU.
- Do not order printed/electronic documentation nobody is ever going to
read (save paper/dvds).
- Max out memory to 32Gb in favor of hd space. That would allow us to
run builds inside a ramdisk to speed up I/O.