Re: [ecf-dev] Debug ECF remote services

Hi Eugen,

Eugen Reiswich wrote:
Hi Scott,

I've been experimenting a bit more with my code and found an interesting ECF behavior. Say I have three hosts (host1, host2, host3) and a consumer C. The hosts provide a remote service which is supposed to be used by the consumer.

1. I connect host1, host2 and consumer. host1 & 2 register remote services to consumer. The console output for host 1 & 2 says the registration process was correct but my consumer can not retrieve the previously registered services neither for host1 nor for host2.

2. now I connect host3 and voila my consumer is able to retrieve services from all hosts 1, 2 and host3. Do you have an idea what's wrong here? *What works for three hosts doesn't work for two hosts. *

3. the curiosity is not over yet. When my consumer tries to retrieve remote services for his containerID the last connected host always offers to many service references. The size of the returned service references corresponds to the totally amount of users registered to the XMPP server. When I connect host1, 2, consumer, host3: host 1 & 2 return in each case one service reference, host3 returns 4. The whole situation is pretty weird and sometimes the problems are not reproducible.

Please open bug with steps to reproduce (as frequently as possible) and source code if possible. It sounds to me like races in the registration and/or lookup...which are completely possible...even within a correctly functioning system.
Scott

Back to the top