[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] local remote services
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:15:19 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Windows/20100228)
In a fit of desire to work on something new this past weekend, I
implemented a new ECF remote services provider for inclusion in ECF 3.4.
This provider provides access to remote services *locally* (i.e. within
the same framework).
What is the purpose for a remote service provider that is local-only?
:) There are at least two purposes:
1) The ability to asynchronously access an OSGi service (i.e.
AsyncCallback, IFuture, IRemoteService) 
2) Testing of a remote service...without the necessarily messy steps of
network discovery, and distribution. This should facilitate
writing/running test code for remote services...without having to have
the discovery and distribution defined, deployed, configured on a given
This new provider project is located here:
host: dev.eclipse.org (extssh or pserver/anonymous access)
cvs path: /cvsroot/rt
There's also an initial test project: