Re: [ecf-dev] Has anyone used Hazelcast as a JGroup alternative for ECF???

Hi Andrea,

I've not seen or used Hazelcast myself before. I assume you mean: http://www.hazelcast.com/

Obviously I don't know Hazelcast's internals...and how/whether they implement reliable multicast...with at least sender-ordering guarantees...but assuming that they do (like JGroups)...it seems to me that it could be used to create an ECF provider without too much trouble/effort (given ability to reuse impls from ECF generic, JGroups, JMS providers).

It would probably be a good idea to open an enhancement request to this effect (Hazelcast-based ECF provider).

Thanks,

Scott

Andrea Zoppello wrote:
Hi all,

I'm interested to know if anyone from the ECF team has used Hazelcast as ( possible )
alternative for jgroup to implement and ECF provider???

I'm evaluating this library because it's Apache Licensed ( so i expect it could work within IP Policy )
and for simple group management it could be a replacement for Jgroup??

Any thougths??

Andrea
--

*Andrea Zoppello*
Spagic Architect

Corso Stati Uniti, 23/C - 35127 Padova - Italy
Tel. +39-049.8283411
Mob. +39-345.4668537
andrea.zoppello@xxxxxx
www.spagoworld.org <http://www.spagoworld.org> 	*Engineering Group*
IT Solution Architect
Research & Innovation Division
Architectures & Consulting
www.eng.it <http://www.eng.it>

Respect the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.