Re: [ecf-dev] helpwanted: ECF project page redesign (http://eclipse.org/ecf)

The add can be configured based on category or also page content.
For ECF if configured as page content,may be mostly java,networking,cloud related ad may come which usually has less cost per click.
After google bought doubleclick,they have integrated user behavior advertisement,which basically tracks users' internet behavior using browser cookies and populate different ads for different users
Most of the advertising companies including google has been registered in http://www.networkadvertising.org/participating/  for privacy policies
I personally feel google adsense is the best.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@lemmster.de> wrote:
On 06/10/2010 11:59 AM, Pierre Henry Perret wrote:

> - Adding a consultancy page would be of great help for consultant: would
> it be just links to other pages or a description of services ?

I personally would like to see something along the lines of Piwik [0].
They list the contact details and a few lines of extra info on the
project page which IMO makes for better affiliation. For example we
might also link to bugs assigned to the consultant...

> - google-ads to help raise money: 101% agree with this. Question: what
> would be the ads ?

>From the Google Ads tour it looks like you can choose ad categories [1].

Markus

[0] http://piwik.org/consulting/