Re: [ecf-dev] Automate steps to contribute to Helios

Hi Markus,

Our current release build uploads the output to <downloads ecf home>/3.3Test/helios

I have a very simple/small script that copies the contents of this over to

<downloads ecf home>/3.3/helios

Which is where our Helios contribution is read from (i.e. http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/3.3/helios/site.p2).

The script is called deployFrom3.3Test.sh in my dev.eclipse.org home directory (~slewis).

Then, I update the Helios builder meta-data...i.e. the version # of the ECF core feature. The file that I change is located here:

/cvsroot/callisto
file:  org.eclipse.helios.build/ecf.build

Inside that file is this line
<features id="org.eclipse.ecf.core" version="3.3.0.v20100601-2154" repo="//@repositories.0">

When the new version is identified, I replace the version property value. Nothing else in this file need be changed.

And that's it. If this can be automated I would be fine/great with that...although we need to be a little careful so as not to break the Helios builder by (e.g.) getting mismatch between version that's on that disk location and what's in the ecf.build file.

Thanks,

Scott

Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
Hi Scott,

what are the steps you manually do to contribute a release build to
Helios? Hudson has a promote build plug-in that could automate those
steps. Additionally it would indicate which of the various builds have
been contributed.

Markus