JmDNS/Zeroconf discovery and BREE (was Re: {Disarmed} Re: {Disarmed} [ecf-dev] ecf in linux)

On 06/01/2010 09:24 AM, abhisek saikia wrote:
> Hi Markus
>     I found the problem.Actually in one of my linux machines, the port
>  5353 was blocked by some other unix process.I found while going through
> jmdns code,it makes use of System property.
> And if not found, it just uses the default
>  5353 port.I was not able to find it as i could not find any error logs.
>      Currently its working just fine with 2 linux machines.I am just
> curious to know if there are any other port/ip configuration being used
> in this way?

AFAIK JmDNS upstream has been enhanced to log an error if it cannot bind
to the port/interface specified. However the BREE has changed to 1.5 for
JmDNS 3.1 and thus we might not be able to adopt it. Can we get a quick
show of hands who uses JmDNS on older VMs?

That said, If you are interested in moving JmDNS forward please open an
enhancement request in Bugzilla and work with us on integrating JmDNS
3.1 into the existing ECF discovery container. For starters there is a
pending patch for JmDNS's build env over at SF that creates an OSGi bundle.

Markus

Back to the top