We're now at RC3 for Helios. Here's the overall schedule, btw, for those that aren't aware [1].

In order to try to coordinate across time zones and project teams...and avoid as many last second fire drills as possible (which are uncomfortable for everyone...especially me :)...I ask that during the last few weeks before release that we impose the following rules for commits/committers:

1) If you find/report a bug please *also* send an email to this mailing list pointing to the bugzilla bug. 2) ONLY commit changes to HEAD/3.3 stream that are major (or higher) bug fixes. *No* other commits. The two exceptions to this are: a) projects at dev.eclipse.org that are not included in Helios. Please *make sure* that the project is not included in Helios (i.e. in incubation area).
  b) projects at ecf1.osuosl.org
3) When you resolve a bug, please send an email to that effect to this mailing list 4) Everyone that can please do some install testing...i.e. download the lastest release candidates of Eclipse [2] and then use it to install the ECF SDK from either the Helios site that is included in the platform or here [3]. 5) Please smoke test the ECF SDK components...as many of them as you can. If you find either install or runtime problems, please open/file bugs *immediately*, mark them as major or higher severity, and send a note to this mailing list (as per 1).

In approximately 1 week, one of the ECF committers will create a branch with the name: Release_3_3. At *that* point, we will open up HEAD to start development on ECF 3.4. Until then, with the project exceptions a and b noted above, please do not make any unauthorized changes to HEAD.

Helios is going to be a great release for the ECF community...fantastic new contributions, OSGi remote services leadership, SOA, lots of other great new stuff [4], so lets all work together to make it high quality...and also make it as survivable as possible :).

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Helios_Simultaneous_Release
[2] http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/