Re: {Disarmed} Re: [ecf-dev] avoid broadcast

On 05/22/2010 11:05 AM, abhisek saikia wrote:

> Hi Scott/Markus
>      My consumer/host doesnt have any configuration as such for the  ECF
> server ips and ports.Currently it is happening through jmdns
> discovery,through multicasting....I want to specify 4 ips("*MailScanner
> Warnung: nummerische Links sind oftmals arglistig:* 192.168.1.1/2/3
> <http://192.168.1.1/2/3>") to use while multicasting by jmdns.
> Do you know which part of jmdns code is doing this multicast operation?i
> guess there i can make use of some configuration file
> How this -Dnet.mdns.interface configuration is geting used in discovery?
>
> I am not able to find enough information of zeroconf, xmlfile-based
> discovery, service locator protocol (slp), and apache zookeeper .For my
> situation shall i switch to some other discovery provider where there is
> no broadcast/multicast and where i can provide ip range to track for
> discovery?

Hi Abhisek,

you might want to take a look at the file based discovery provider. It
allows you to define service host in an XML file on the consumer side.

It does not support IP ranges though, thus you will have to list each
endpoint separately.

Markus

Back to the top