Re: [ecf-dev] avoid broadcast

Hi Macus
   Can i configure a set of ips only to be discovered.?

Thanks and Regards
Abhisek

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@lemmster.de> wrote:
On 05/21/2010 10:12 AM, abhisek saikia wrote:
> Hi
>   I am using ECF generic and jmdns discovery.How can i avoid broadcast
> of remote service.Is there any way to specify ip and port range to
> broadcast?

Hi Abhisek,

JmDNS does not use broadcast but multicast and the spec defines the
multicast group "224.0.0.251" and port "5353" respectively. If needed,
the port can be tweaked by "net.mdns.port". If you also need to adjust
the multicast group, you will have to file an enhancement request
upstream [0].
Btw. if you want to disable discovery completely, just undeploy the
jmdns provider.

Markus

[0] http://jmdns.sourceforge.net/