[ecf-dev] Soap-based remote services

Hi Folks,

There's some very nice new work by Pavel Samolisov on creating SOAP-based remote services using ECF's SOAP provider support. The original (in russian) is here [1], and the Google translated english version is here [2]. Google translate screws up the code formatting on the English translation, so you may want to consult the russian version for the code examples...even if you don't speak russian :).

This is excellent work, and perhaps Pavel (who is an ECF contributor already) may consider contributing some of this work to ECF as an example. I wanted to mention...toward the end of Pavel's posting he says that he might want to have an xml-rpc based provider. Creating an ECF provider using xml-rpc would be a rather simple matter, I believe, as xml-rpc itself is already in Orbit bundle. If you or others are interested in starting this, please open an enhancement request to that effect and it will get started.

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://samolisov.blogspot.com/2010/04/ecf-soap.html
[2] http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsamolisov.blogspot.com%2F2010%2F04%2Fecf-soap.html&sl=ru&tl=en