Re: [ecf-dev] multiple service call

Hi Abhisek,

You seem to be using ECF 3.2 release version (Release date: Feb 19, 2010). There have been a number of bugs fixed since then...one of which having to do with a problem of not properly publishing the same service multiple times. For testing, bug identification, etc I would urge you to get the latest from HEAD, as we are in the testing phase for ECF 3.3/Helios release right now...and so it would be most helpful to get some assistance from the community with testing ECF 3.3/Helios for your specific use cases. If you need instructions for how to get the lastest from HEAD in your workspace please let me know...and/or see section 'Anonymous CVS Access to ECF Source Code': http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/dev_resources.php

abhisek saikia wrote:

Hi Scott
I used org.eclipse.ecf.sdk_3.2.0.v20100219-1253.zip <http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/rt/ecf/3.2/3.6/org.eclipse.ecf.sdk_3.2.0.v20100219-1253.zip> My issue is a bit different.I have 2 providers(in 2 different machines) and one consumer in another machine.The providers implement the same Interface.I am using Service tracker in consumer side.I am able to receive only one remote reference.While debugging ECF code i found if a container is already connected(i.e it already discovered provider in machine 1),it cant find the remote service reference from machine 2(as the code has a check for isContainerConnect which is true while remotelocation becomes machine2, as its already connected to provider of machine 1) .

A couple of things. First...since 3.2 there has been some improvement/change of the logic in DefaultProxyContainerFinder wrt handling of multiple remote services.

Second...it is possible that this represents a bug/problem in the DefaultProxyContainerFinder for handling your use case.

Third...it's also possible that for your use case there is an ambiguity about what you want to happen on the multiple-service consumer...i.e. do you want the *existing* proxy container to be used, or do you want a *new* container to be created/connected for this remote service? There are some facilities already present in ECF to support some of these use cases, so it may be a matter of figuring out what you wish to happen and then using those facilities.

So...I recommend that you get the latest code from HEAD, and try this same use case again. If it still has problems then lets identify them, and we'll address those problems and/or needed generalization to handle your use case.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top