[ecf-dev] XMPP

Hello everyone.

I like to use the XMPP container of ECF to do the following: I have two separate instances of OSGi framework running on separate networks. I want to remotely call services of each framework from the other one using, say, Google's jabber server (gtalk). To that effect, I will create two gtalk accounts, one for each framework.

In the above scenario, do I still need to employ any discovery mechanism? If each framework knows about the other framework's jabber id, would that be adequate? Is there a sample code (example) or a test case for this? I see some xmpp examples in the ecf source repository but they are mostly (as far as I can see) concerned with sending a message not calling a remote service.

Any pointer is appreciated.

Many thanks,
Ali.

Back to the top