Re: [ecf-dev] remote services, load balancing

Hi Greg,

Greg House wrote:
Hi Scott,

I got the latest code from HEAD and everything is working as expected.
This is a very nice feature because now the consumer's usage of services is completely transparent.
Thank you!

You are most welcome. I would ask that in return for the favor, please consider contributing back to the project some more: through additional use cases, bug reports, code (example code, tests, or additional providers, etc), documentation for anything...or even blog postings about your usage and experiences (if this can be public, of course). For example of some code things that could use contributions: our activemq provider is currently using activemq 5.2...and it could be moved up to a more recent version. Also, there is great need for additional JMS and other providers...e.g. to support AMQP and/or other messaging protocols. There are more, if people are interested.

My understanding is that some extensions has to be made to the activemq provider in order to use ds for the service host and the servers. Is that correct and do you have any plans to extends this provider? Should I file a bug for this issue?

It would probably be good to create a bug/enhancement request for this issue...as I don't have any immediate plans to add this support.

Adding this is not at all technically difficult or even extensive...and I'll happily explain it publicly for those that are interested and perhaps willing to contribute. Probably better to do it on the new bug/enhancement request than here, however.

I am interested in understanding the use case driver for this...since it seems to me that using/supporting ds (and OSGi remote services) on the consumer is the most important usage for ds/injection (i.e. combined with network discovery and osgi remote services). For the service host and the servers using ds doesn't seem as necessary or even desirable to me. But that's why I would like to understand your use case better.

Scott

Back to the top