Re: ZooDiscovery (was Re: [ecf-dev] Re: ECF conference call Mondays 5:00 - 6:00 pm UTC)

Okay lets not focus on Helios then. The IP team is very busy now with other projects that need to go into Helios. So I let them work at their own pace and settle for the may milestone they have set on the CQ.

Regards,

Wim

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@lemmster.de> wrote:
On 04/26/2010 11:00 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> In my opinion, it's more important that the zoodiscovery be well tested
> and integrated with everything., as well as part of/integrated with the
> build..and hopefully have examples, etc...than it be in the set of
> bundles distributed as part of ECF 3.3 SDK via Helios.  I would
> personally judge it more important that we get everything in shape with
> the build, with the source (including licenses, about.html, copyright
> notices, etc), and examples (if possible)...and do it/build it on
> ecf1.osuosl.org...and make available via repo at ecf1.osuosl.org...than
> rush to get the contribution into Helios build before Helios deadlines.
>
> But that's my opinion.  If you/Markus and others think that it's ready
> to go and that we should get it into Helios (i.e. added to and built as
> part of ECF SDK from dev.eclipse.org), then I'm willing to go along with
> that judgment...particularly since I haven't been directly involved in
> the review of the zoodiscovery provider code contribution.   Another
> concern for me is that my time for the necessary releng, example coding,
> etc is currently rather limited...i.e. I can't contribute much right now
> to the necessary releng (the reason for this is that as we approach
> Helios, the releng and other release duties for the project lead
> increase fairly dramatically...e.g. creating review materials, working
> out final ip things with EF, satisfying all Helios requirements, dealing
> with unexpected Helios build things, etc).
>
> I would like to get Markus' input on this also, since he's much more
> familiar with the zoodiscovery provider contribution...as well as the
> requirements for inclusion into Helios release.
>

> Scott
>

> Wim Jongman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do we want to finish the zoodiscovery into Helios. If so then I can
>> ask to rush the zookeeper check.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Wim

+1 for getting the CQ accepted ASAP so that we can commit the source to
dev.eclipse.org. Makes build integration less work if we don't have to
change repos half way through.
If it is then shipped as part of Helios is IMO a different question.

Markus