Re: [ecf-dev] Re: ECF conference call Mondays 5:00 - 6:00 pm UTC

Hi Wim,

In my opinion, it's more important that the zoodiscovery be well tested and integrated with everything., as well as part of/integrated with the build..and hopefully have examples, etc...than it be in the set of bundles distributed as part of ECF 3.3 SDK via Helios. I would personally judge it more important that we get everything in shape with the build, with the source (including licenses, about.html, copyright notices, etc), and examples (if possible)...and do it/build it on ecf1.osuosl.org...and make available via repo at ecf1.osuosl.org...than rush to get the contribution into Helios build before Helios deadlines.

But that's my opinion. If you/Markus and others think that it's ready to go and that we should get it into Helios (i.e. added to and built as part of ECF SDK from dev.eclipse.org), then I'm willing to go along with that judgment...particularly since I haven't been directly involved in the review of the zoodiscovery provider code contribution. Another concern for me is that my time for the necessary releng, example coding, etc is currently rather limited...i.e. I can't contribute much right now to the necessary releng (the reason for this is that as we approach Helios, the releng and other release duties for the project lead increase fairly dramatically...e.g. creating review materials, working out final ip things with EF, satisfying all Helios requirements, dealing with unexpected Helios build things, etc).

I would like to get Markus' input on this also, since he's much more familiar with the zoodiscovery provider contribution...as well as the requirements for inclusion into Helios release.

Scott

Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi,

Do we want to finish the zoodiscovery into Helios. If so then I can ask to rush the zookeeper check.

Regards,

Wim

Op 26 apr 2010 om 20:26 heeft Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> het volgende geschreven:\

Hi Folks,

There was some confusion over the time switch (at least in my head), and so we did *not* get this established such that we were able to have a meeting/call today (Monday, Apr 29) at 1700 UTC/10:00am pacific. My apologies to those that called in.

But now that we've all gotten on the same page WRT time, and we have the EF conference bridge reserved for the correct time (thanks Anne), I've changed the wiki to schedule next Monday's call at 1700 UTC/10:00am pacific, and we'll plan to have a normal ECF conference call next week (5/3/2010) at the given new time 1700 UTC/10:00am pacific. Here's the updated wiki page with time and date calendar, etc:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Communication_Framework_Project#Next_Conference_Call:__Monday.2C_May_3.2C_2010_-_1700_UTC.2F10:00am_pacific

Hopefully we'll be able to stick with this time and get into more of a regular groove.

Now, the question is...after the gsoc project announcement, do we want to have *another* call later this week to discuss moving forward on the gsoc projects, coordination, etc? I mean in *addition*/prior to next Monday's conference call. I would be willing to do this if needed/desired. What do people think?

Scott

Harshana Eranga Martin wrote:
Hi Anne,