Re: [ecf-dev] Re: Remote service registration using OSGi Blueprint

Thanks Scott. I will work on it and report the progress.

Raj

On 20/04/10 20:21, Scott Lewis wrote:
Hi Raj,

Raj Saini wrote:
[Moving to ECF dev mailing list from Newgroup]

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the clarification and I will try to run my example with the ECF. I have another question regarding static xml file based discovery.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<service-descriptions xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/sd/v1.0.0";>
<service-description>
<provide interface="com.viithiisys.oms.services.OmsService"/>
<property name="service.exported.interfaces">*</property>
<property name="service.exported.configs">org.apache.cxf.ws</property>
<property name="org.apache.cxf.ws.address">http://localhost:9000/oms</property>
</service-description>
</service-descriptions>

I found in your blog that this kind of discovery is supported. Can you please confirm if the above XML based discovery is supported as I could not find any example.

Yes, it is supported.  See this module/project for example code in CVS

host:  dev.eclipse.org
path:  /cvsroot/rt
module: org.eclipse.ecf/examples/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.consumer

You will also likely need the latest version of org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello and the o.e.e.e.remoteservices.hello.host...as well as a new version of org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice...as I've been making some additions to the hello example (e.g. to use asynchronous remote services).

Inside this project is this file:

OSGI-INF/remote-service/hello-service-description-generic.xml

This is an example service description that uses the ECF generic provider.

There is also a product configuration that can be used to start the client and use this local discovery, it's in:

products\Hello Service Consumer (generic, local discovery).product

Note that this product configuration has a slightly different set of bundles...as the local/xml-file-based discovery is in separate bundles from the other types of discovery (i.e.org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.discovery.local bundle and dependencies).

BTW, I am working on a example/sample/demo application which will use end to end Enterprise OSGi stack (JPA for persistence, Blueprint for dependency injection, remote discovery, RAP/RCP with remove services. Currently, I am using CXF and I would also like to port these example to ECF. I hope this will become a good source of information for enterprise application developers wanting to use OSGi technology. For this purpose, I have created a server running all above and I would make that available for download soon.

That sounds great. Please keep us informed about progress and/or support needs via this list. If there are examples that you are willing to contribute to either ECF or the Runtime Examples project then such contributions would indeed be most welcomed.

Scott