[ecf-dev] New features for remote services distributions

Hi Folks,

I've been working on some new/additional features, so that we can make available *parts* of ECF rather than the entire ECF SDK...which is meant to be installed into the Eclipse IDE. Specifically, the ECF remote services and discovery parts of ECF are very relevant to OSGi servers...i.e. to expose remote services as well as to discover, lookup, and use remote services that are exposed by other frameworks (and/or using rest/soap-based clients to existing services).

So if the ECF remote services bundles end up being distributed in the SOA package for Helios, we will also need to have a set of features (and resulting p2 repos) so that these bundles (and not all the other ECF SDK components...like presence, examples, ui, etc., etc) can be built into the package by the EPP builder.

I've been creating a set of feature projects, that are related to each other...and I'm going to list them here for comment. Each of these is currently checked in...to the CVS location given. I would be interested in any thoughts about the shape/content of each of these features (i.e. which bundles are missing, which are there but shouldn't be...should there be more/other features, etc).

I still have to make features for the remoteservices examples and the eventadmin examples.

Thanks,

Scott

New Features

Discovery API Feature - org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.discovery
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.discovery
org.eclipse.equinox.concurrent

Discovery Provider Features

JMDNS - org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.jmdns.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.jmdns.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jmdns

JSLP - org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.slp.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.slp.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jslp
ch.ethz.iks.slp

Local/File-based discovery - org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.local.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.local.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.discovery.local
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.localdiscovery

Remote Service API Feature - org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.feature
Included Features
org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice
org.eclipse.ecf.sharedobject
org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.rest
org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.soap
org.eclipse.ecf.provider
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.remoteservice

REST API feature - org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.rest.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.rest.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.rest
org.json

SOAP API feature - org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.soap.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.soap.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.soap

Remote Service Provider Features

R-OSGi
Included Features - org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.rosgi.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.provider.r_osgi
ch.ethz.iks.r_osgi.remote
org.objectweb.asm

OSGi 4.2 Remote Services Feature - org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.feature

Included Features
org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.discovery
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribution

Distributed EventAdmin Feature - org.eclipse.ecf.eventadmin.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.eventadmin.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.eventadmin
org.eclipse.ecf.provider
org.eclipse.ecf.sharedobject

ECF Generic Server Feature - org.eclipse.ecf.server.generic.feature - org.eclipse.ecf/server-side/features/org.eclipse.ecf.server.generic.feature
Included Features
org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.feature
Plugins
org.eclipse.ecf.server