Re: [ecf-dev] ECF remote services support for Eclipse 3.5.x

On 02/15/2010 05:28 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:

What I believe to be the problem, is that here is the following org.eclipse.ecf core bundle reference in the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui feature (in 3.6m5):

<plugin
        id="org.eclipse.ecf"
        download-size="0"
        install-size="0"
        version="3.1.0.v20100125-1515"
        unpack="false"/>

As you can see, it references a specific version of ECF...3.1.0.v20100125-1515. When a new/newer version install is attempted (i.e. by having a new version included with the ECF SDK), p2 balks.

That explains it then. And it's what I would have guessed. A hard 'include' dependency from a feature. The question is why the p2 feature chooses to include this bundle with a hard dependency instead of listing it as a requirement with a much softer dependency. Changing that would solve the problem.

- thomas

Back to the top