Re: [ecf-dev] ECF remote services support for Eclipse 3.5.x

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
<stuff deleted>

We need to take a closer look at the error messages that you are getting and analyze where the culprit is. I bet it's two features that uses 'include' with exact versions that causes this. If you can post the errors here, I'd be happy to help.

I'll post the messages later today. I have to re-create a build that includes the ECF core bundles...because our usual SDK does not.

What I believe to be the problem, is that here is the following org.eclipse.ecf core bundle reference in the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui feature (in 3.6m5):

  <plugin
        id="org.eclipse.ecf"
        download-size="0"
        install-size="0"
        version="3.1.0.v20100125-1515"
        unpack="false"/>

As you can see, it references a specific version of ECF...3.1.0.v20100125-1515. When a new/newer version install is attempted (i.e. by having a new version included with the ECF SDK), p2 balks.

I'll post the messages when I can.

Scott

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren