Re: [ecf-dev] request for vote

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for the explanation and for the information.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin

On 5 February 2010 01:29, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Harshana,

Here's a page with links to membership types, membership benefits, and membership process information:

http://www.eclipse.org/membership/become_a_member/

Note the email for membership stuff is apparently membership at eclipse.org...although I expect that emo at eclipse.org will also work just fine.

IMHO the voting power (for Board membership) is the most important right/responsibility for committer members, as the Board's choices have a large effect on the projects and the future of the whole community (I was a committer Board representative myself 3 years ago, and so I have first hand experience with this).

Scott

Harshana Eranga Martin wrote:
Hi Scott,

Could you pls explain me about pros and cons other than voting power of becoming a EF member ? (A URL to get the information is enough.)

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin