Re: [ecf-dev] ECF Spring Support

Hi Angelo,

Angelo zerr wrote:
Hi Scott,

I have studied ECF and start to implement Spring support for ECF for remoting service. I can manage the sample org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.consumer with Spring DM. So you need NOT use ServiceTracker to get remoting service. Full Declarative Services is used. Let's me explain you how it works.

<explanation deleted for brevity>

My work is very basic (I have not managed future IRemoteService like the example), but you can manage basic remoting services.

What do you think about that? Do you like?

Yes, this is wonderful!!

If you like I could send you my (little) work and I will be happy to tchat with you to perform Spring support someone could explained me more feature about ECF.

Angelo, would you consider contributing to ECF your example hello world service with Spring code? If you agree to this, I would like to include your examples in the set of examples we make available. We currently have 'normal' hello host and consumers, and we have example host and consumers using OSGi declarative services, and it would be excellent if we could include your Spring-based hello world examples (both host and consumer, if possible).

Further, would you be willing to take your description and create wiki page about this work with Spring and ECF remote services? We can put it alongside this (new) examples/tutorial page I have been and am continuing to work on

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_Started_with_ECF%27s_OSGi_Remote_Services_Implementation

I will happily assist you with both the contribution and with the wiki page, if you like and answer any/all questions you have. Once we have the contribution and wiki page I will blog about this work publicly, so that both the Spring and ECF communities can be made more aware of it.

If you agree to contribute the work, we can open a new bug (e.g. Create hello world example using Spring) and attach your new project to the bug (as exported zip).

How does this sound?  Would you consider contributing the example code?

Great work...and thanks for letting us know about it.

Scott

Back to the top