[ecf-dev] Building ECF 3.2

I started a wiki entry about what we need to do to build ECF 3.2. If you have software that's part of this release, please look at that entry. And please update as needed, both for clarity and correctness.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Building_ECF_Release_3.2

Here is a list in what I think is the best priority.

1.
The most important task is to figure out how to build and attach tests to  our integration build and our sdk build. The integration build is the build that provides bundles to the platform. The sdk build is the build for the ECF p2 update site. I'm of course trying to figure this out on my own, but input to the wiki from other more knowledgeable people is essential.

2.
We then need to update our Hudson/Buckminster configuration files. I have sections on the wiki that discuss each of these files. I have listed questions I have about how these files work and what they are supposed to do. Even if they are working fine, we need to understand how they do what they do so that we can update them as needed.

A laudable goal is to create  ECF-specific templates for these files. The best motivation for this is to say that such templates would identify what is needed to support the Hudson/Buckmnster infrastructure from what is needed to add ECF to that infrastructure. It would then be easier to add builds to our Hudson/Buckminster setup. We have a number of OSU builds (those projects on ecf1 that have not yet passed IP) that we need to get up and running.

So I have descriptions of these files and explanations that I have culled from the Buckminster documentation. I've pointed out areas that I don't understand. Input from knowledgeable people here is essential.

3.
We need to update the status and contact information for those OSU builds. The wiki page
http://wiki.eclipse.org/List_of_OSU_projects_and_their_owners
lists the best information (which is outdated) that I've been able to collect. If you are responsible for one or more of these builds, please update your information.

4.
And then we need to add those OSU projects to our build mix. And so a discussion of what files we need to add is essential. Scott has suggested that we start with jms.

--
-Ted

Back to the top