Re: org.jivesoftware.smack31 (was Re: [ecf-dev] feature.xml IDs vs. folder names)

On 12/12/2009 04:39 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
>>> RE: build problems...not sure what you mean.  I do understand that it
>>> complicates the build a little bit (the need to map to
>>> org.jivesoftware.smack31 project name for org.jivesoftware.smack
>>> bundle), but this doesn't seem like too much of a problem (?).
>>>

>> I'm currently changing the build so that we don't need map files
>> anymore. However Buckminster fails to find a project
>> org.jivesoftware.smack with version 3.x because it does not recognize
>> org.jivesoftware.smack31 as an alternative provider.
>>

> I assume that even without map files that Buckminster can associate
> org.jivesoftware.smack bundle name with org.jivesoftware.smack31 project
> path (i.e. rather than org.jivesoftware.smack project path).  Is that
> not right?
>
> And is the reason for removing the map files greater build simplicity?
> or are there other/more reasons?  I'm all in favor of greater build
> simplicity, BTW...as long as we can do everything we need to do with our
> build.

It's possible that we use map files if we need to. I'm just trying to
simplify the build as much as possible at this stage and that's why it
would help a lot to rename org.jivesoftware.smack31. Would it do if we
tag HEAD as pre smack31, replace org.jivesoftware.smack with
org.jivesoftware.smack31 and create org.jivesoftware.smack22 if required?

Markus

Back to the top